Monday, July 14, 2008

Heartache and Hairdye (or Moving on and Making cookies)

I couldn't decide on a title, so I gave it two!




So it's been a pretty big week this week. It has now been 22 days since I have heard from Aaron. I have dyed my hair red and according to several people, become "and assertive, confident, professional woman". I can feel the change that is taking place and though it is hard to let go of the dream, I can feel that I am moving on. Every day it gets a little easier. I won't lie, I still call his phone every day on the off chance that it will be turned back on and he will answer. But at least I've cut it down from 5-10 times a day to once a day. Life goes on and so will I.
I've learned alot from this situation and am sure that is the reason for this. Mainly I've learned that if you don't say what needs to be said when it needs to be said, you may spend 8 years waiting to say it, only to find out it wasn't worth it. I've become much more defensive towards people hurting my feelings and much less willing to accept being disrespected (there was a sort of rebound guy in the last week that helped me "practice" this new skill!). So basically, somewhere between heartache and hairdye I gained a new sense of self confidence and determination. And I am starting to agree with what everyone else is saying...I deserve the best. I deserve more than the way I have been treated and like my mother said...If he was the right one I wouldn't have been sitting there crying! So I guess, I've waited 30 years for the right one...WHY SETTLE NOW?


My babysitter called in sick today so I got to work from home. I did get work done, but more importantly, Isaiah and I had a great time! We made homemade chocolate chip cookies. Tomorrow we will make Rock and Roll cookies (Rocky road). I found a recipe for marshmallow cookies that I have changed up a little bit and will give it a try tomorrow. There were some great photo ops today and they are below:


So my thought of the day....

1) Can changing your hair color really change your attitude? IE Blondes having more fun/being ditzy, or redheads having a temper. I have found that when I am a redhead, I am more assertive..not to the point of being a witch but pretty close!

2) If life were cookies...what ingredients would it need...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. What ingredients? How about NUTS! ;) But, don't ever forget the dark chocolate or the sticky peanut butter. Thanks for sharing!
Mary