Sunday, July 6, 2008

JUST AN UPDATE

I've had lots of friends express concern over my recent heartbreak and wanting to know what happened.

Well, I still haven't heard from him. I listened to all the well meant advice and took the time off from work, and did not go to the airport to see if he showed up. I stopped crying Wednesday evening and turned from sadness and hurt to anger. We had planned on going out of town this weekend to see my grandmother and aunt. I went ahead without him and the drive up was pretty therapeutic for me and I realized some things. I have held onto this relationship for a very long time. Maybe even letting it hinder good relationships I've had since. Maybe this really was the closure I needed. Maybe God wants to send the right person in my life but that couldn't happen if I didn't let go of this dream/fantasy I've held on to about Aaron.

Will I hear from Aaron again? I still don't know. How will I react when/if I do? I still don't know that either, I guess it depends on a lot of things.

So there is the update....thought for the day..not a question...Ever heard the song "unanswered prayers" by Garth Brooks (It should be playing on my playlist right about now). Think about the times God said no. What blessings did you get from those times and aren't you better off?

No comments: